December 10 – 18, 2020. World Cup of Folklore™ - RFS - 150 "GOLDEN KEYS" ONLINE for accordionists – soloists, ensembles and orchestras
Euro Folklore Academy
Saint Peterburg's State Institute of Culture, Russia
The competition is held within the framework of the Musical Feasts “Euro Folk”.
With the assistance of:
World Association of Folklore Festivals – WАFF
European Association of Folklore Festivals – ЕАFF
The evaluations of performers and collectives who have participated in the competition program will be valid for the World Ranking of Folklore /World ranking list of folklore/ in category G) Folklore instrumental groups - folklore music (orchestras), appraisal category - International / World Cup of Folklore™ - RFS - 150
The First Online International Instrumental Competition “GOLDEN KEYS” is open to accordionists - soloists, standard or mixed ensembles and orchestras that include at least one accordion in the instrumental composition of the ensemble. Students in pre-professional, professional (from music schools, colleges, conservatories, academies, universities and other institutions and organizations from around the world), as well as non-professional performers can take part in the competition.
The main idea of the competition is to reveal, support and develop the artistic potential of musicians in preserving the national heritage. Participation in this online competition will help to represent the art of music of many cultures internationally, and preparation for online participation will lead to an increase in the level of stage skills and experience of participants.
Purpose of the competition:
- drawing public attention to modern trends in the development of folklore instrumental music;
- supporting of creative and innovative activities in music education;
- identification of the most gifted among young participants and support in the development of their creative potential
- expansion of international professional contacts among leaders, conductors and teachers of folklore instrumental culture;
- giving a new impetus to the development of musical traditions of the peoples of the world;
- activation of interest in folklore instrumental music and creative achievements of performers, composers, teachers in their art projects;
- identification of gifted young musicians from among the participants for educational institutions of professional and pre-professional training.
15.09.2020 – 08.12.2020 – acceptance of applications and videos
10.12.2020 – 16.12.2020 – acceptance of viewers' ratings of the performances of participants
16.12.2020 – jury commission meeting
18.12.2020 – publication of the results according to the judges’ and spectators’ decisions
18.12.2020 – online meeting of art directors and jury
Conditions for participation, srequirements, nominations and age groups and current news are available on the official website of the competition: https://eaff.eu/ru/championships